Detailed Job Description:
Please review our job description, fill out the form and upload your resume in an acceptable format (PDF. or Doc.)
Location: Bradenton, FL
Position Title: Drafts Person
Job #: 2-11-30-16
Responsibilities include applying mechanical drafting knowledge to the design and development of products as well as product changes and enhancements; part and assembly design, detail, MRP setup, and final documentation; assist in solving work issues across multiple departments and functions. Will handle multiple projects concurrently and will be involved in "hands on" solutions in the manufacturing process as well as field related matters.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Must have expert level of competency with Solidworks 3D & Microsoft Excel.
- Must be motivated, conscientious and team oriented.
- Work to customer specifications, drafting changes to standard equipment to meet specifications.
- Maintain accurate documentation of concepts, designs, drawings and processes.
- Release/maintain BOM of standard machinery for production.
- Source new parts and collaborate with purchasing.
- Create/maintain assembly drawings.
- Familiarity with MRP systems, and part and assembly creation and maintenance.
- Documentation of final BOM for ‘as built’ machinery.
- And any other tasks assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience
- College degree, Technical School degree, or comparable proven work experience in machinery design.
- Working design knowledge of weldment structures, sheet metal, precision machined components.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Model and detail mechanical parts/assemblies using SolidWorks or similar 3D modeling software at a mastery level.
- Proven ability to meet (sometimes aggressive) schedules.
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills. Must be highly motivated and results oriented.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must possess strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work individually or in a team environment.
- Good mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of manufacturing methods and processes: turning, milling, welding
- Knowledge of assembly methods, tools, jigs and fixtures.
- Ability to create/use basic spreadsheets, advance Excel skills a plus.
- Generous compensation package, includes salary, major medical, dental, disability, life insurance and a retirement savings plan with company match, vacation, sick time and holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and have a drug free workplace.