Detailed Job Description:
Please review our job description, fill out the form and upload your resume in an acceptable format (PDF. or Doc.)
Location: Bradenton, FL
Position Title: Field Service Technician
Job #: 04-H-0416
Responsibilities will include troubleshooting, repairing, installation / start up and training of unscramblers, cappers, orienters and more. When not traveling to customers’ site, the person will be responsible for assisting with Factory Acceptance Tests, tuning and assembling equipment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Provide a level of service and support that reflects highly on NEM, Inc. and its employees. Provide service that differentiates NEM from the competition and leads to consistently happy customers.
- To undertake equipment commissioning, maintenance, troubleshooting and service tasks in support of NEM’s equipment in a variety of applications at customer sites.
- To provide the necessary technical skills such as trouble shooting Mechanical, Electrical, and PLC issues on NEM equipment.
- Read and interpret operational manuals, electrical schematics and mechanical drawings for the equipment.
- Use of a variety of hand and power tools, meters and material handling equipment.
- Detect and report faulty operations, defective material or any other unusual situation
- Thorough understanding and practice of all NEM and governmental safety regulations.
- Required to work in-house when not traveling on service calls.
- Travel up to 90% with ability to work overtime as necessary.
- And other duties assigned by Manager.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years direct experience in servicing capital equipment.
- Must be able to work from mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
- Must have basic electrical knowledge.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to use hand and/or power tools.
- Must be detail-oriented and pay close attention to accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must have strong math skills.
- Must have electrical and mechanical knowledge.
- Must be capable of extended periods of standing or sitting, bending, pulling, pushing, reaching, lifting, kneeling or squatting.
- Ability to accurately and timely complete all required paperwork.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written skills. Spanish is a plus.
- Ability to adapt to and work effectively/safely within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups.
- Motor vehicle record must be in good standing and comply with company policy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.