Detailed Job Description:
Please review our job description, fill out the form and upload your resume in an acceptable format (PDF. or Doc.)
Location: greater Philadelphia
Position Title: Territory Sales: - North east
Job #: 01-S-0317
Responsibilities will include market development and increased sales of packaging machinery equipment within assigned geographic territory. Actively travels to develop territory, build relationships, solicit proposals & deliver sales presentations. All communication and daily activity is focused to acquire new customers, by providing knowledge based solutions. Work with existing accounts to help maintain and grow their business.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Make sales contacts, research customer needs and continually prospect in assigned territory. Oversee all projects in assigned territory.
- Meet and/or exceed company sales forecasts in designated area through in-depth knowledge of market segments, technical knowledge and sales skills.
- Identify potential sales leads and develop sales plan for converting leads to sales using available resources.
- Routinely make customer presentations, including establishing a contact list, and moving these contacts through a typical sales process resulting in new business for the company.
- Travel throughout the assigned area to develop strong customer relationships to enhance and maintain knowledge of accounts, solicit orders and attend trade shows.
- Regularly utilize and comply with company policy regarding corporate electronic account management system (CRM), documenting interactions with customers, calendar of appointments and tracking of opportunities.
- Regularly provide competitive and market trend information to management to assist in identification of new product opportunities and opportunities for special market programs.
- Work collaboratively in shared accounts to grow overall company sales.
- Act as liaison for internal and external communications within assigned territory. Ensure positive relationship with assigned accounts. Provide regular status reports and manage task lists for assigned accounts.
- Keeps informed of new products, services and other general information of interest to customers. Develop new methods of attaining sales with new and existing customers.
- Develop familiarity with New England Machinery’s packaging machinery and products to include: unscramblers, cappers, orienters, retorquers, lidders, pluggers, overcappers, pump sorter/placers, hopper elevators, cap sorters, scoop feeders, spout inserters, puckers, depuckers and lane combiners.
- Develop and expand current territory customer database and update system regularly. Research and develop lists of potential customers.
- And any other tasks assigned by his/her manager.
Education and Experience
- 3+ years selling capital equipment.
- 4 year degree in engineering, business, sales or related fields.
- Previous packaging machinery sales a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Computer literate.
- Must be a creative thinker.
- Must be adaptable and be able to consistently deal with changing conditions.
- Demonstrated problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Must have strong work ethic.
- Must conduct self in a professional manner at all times with personnel and customers.
- Strong people skills with a "can do" attitude.
- Excellent customer interface skills.
- Must be available and comfortable with extensive business travel of 80%.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and evidence of insurance/insurability.
- Generous compensation package, includes salary, commission, major medical, dental, disability, life insurance and a retirement savings plan with company match, vacation, sick time and holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.